Anthology Gateway Terms of Service
By accessing the website at http://AnthologyGateway.com, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms of service, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this website are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.
2. Use License
- Permission is granted to anthology editors to download copies of story submissions for the explicit use of including in the project the submission was uploaded to. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial), other than to include in the specified antholgoy;
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on The Midnight Writers LLC's website;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or "mirror" the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by The Midnight Writers LLC at any time. Upon terminating your contract with the author of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
3. Your Content
- Our services allow you to upload content to Anthology Gateway. By uploading content you grant Anthology Gateway a license to store and distribute your content. You retain ownership of any intellectual property rights that you hold in that content.
- Your uploaded files will be stored on a third party server, and The Midnight Writers LLC has no liability for any loss, damage, or misappropriation of your files.
- The materials on Anthology Gateway's website are provided on an 'as is' basis. The Midnight Writers LLC makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties including, without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights.
- Further, The Midnight Writers LLC does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall The Midnight Writers LLC or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Anthology Gateway's website, even if The Midnight Writers LLC or a The Midnight Writers LLC authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
6. Accuracy of materials
The materials appearing on The Midnight Writers LLC website could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. The Midnight Writers LLC does not warrant that any of the materials on its website are accurate, complete or current. The Midnight Writers LLC may make changes to the materials contained on its website at any time without notice. However The Midnight Writers LLC does not make any commitment to update the materials.
The Midnight Writers LLC has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its website and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by The Midnight Writers LLC of the site. Use of any such linked website is at the user's own risk.
The Midnight Writers LLC may revise these terms of service for its website at any time without notice. By using this website you are agreeing to be bound by the then current version of these terms of service.
9. Governing Law
These terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Colorado and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in that State or location.
Your privacy is important to us.
As a web-based service provider, we require some personal information in order to provide a service to you.
However, we don’t ask for this information unless we truly need it.
It is The Midnight Writers LLC's policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect from you across our website, http://AnthologyGateway.com.
We may ask you for personal information, such as:
- Your name
- Email address
- Social media profile/s
- Contact details
- Company details, and
- Payment details
This information is used for the purposes of:
- providing you with products and services
- providing you with information about our products and services
- managing and improving our products, services, quality control, administration, communication and internal processes
- personalising and customising your experience with us
- verifying your identity
- granting you access to your account with us
- investigating any enquiries or complaints submitted by or about you; and/or
- complying with regulatory or legal obligations
You are free to refuse our request for your personal information, with the understanding that we may be unable to provide you with some of your desired services.
We do not share your personal information with third-parties, except where required by law, to protect our own rights, or to provide a service to you.
We may, however, disclose anonymised and aggregated versions of this information for business, marketing or public relations purposes.
We will only retain personal information for as long as necessary to provide you with a service.
Our respect for your privacy extends to the data you input into our website over the normal course of using our services. We will not share your data with third-parties, except where required by law, to protect our own rights, or to provide a service to you. We may, however, disclose anonymised and aggregated versions of this information for business, marketing or public relations purposes. We will only retain your data for as long as necessary to provide you with a service.
We employ third-party services for our:
- File Storage,
- SMS Messaging,
- Website analytics, and
- Payment processing (checkout)
These third parties have access to selected personal information only to perform specific tasks on our behalf or to improve the relevance of information presented to you. We review the privacy policies of all our third-party providers before enlisting their services to ensure their practices align with ours.
We take security seriously, and do what we can within commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information from loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. That said, we advise that no method of electronic transmission or storage is 100% secure, and cannot guarantee the absolute security of your data.
Links to Other Sites
We do not knowingly collect or store personal information from children (visitors under the age of 13). If you believe your child has provided us with personal information, we encourage you to contact us immediately, and we will do our best to delete the data as quickly as possible.
If we or our assets are acquired, or in the unlikely event that we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, we would include user information among our assets transferred to or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any parties who acquire us may continue to use your personal information according to this policy.