Version 0.7.1Red Alert! Major Bugs
- [BUG FIX] Projects Can Be Created... Again
Regression testing... Ugh, there was a slight bug that created major problems and prevented new projects from being created. That has been fixed.
- [BUG FIX] Story Submissions Work... Again
Uploading new submissions to a project should work. Trust me, I tested it. Then again, I thought I tested it last time but still somehow this major bug worked its way into the code. Well... it works now. Once again.
Version 0.7Message in a Bottle
- [NEW] Friendlier Project URLs
The Project URLs have been updated to now use a "slug" instead of just an id. This makes the URLs for your project more unique and easier to read for users. All around friendlier! Friendly little slug...
- [NEW] New Message System
Out with the old, and in with the new! The new message system is greatly improved over the previous system. Every project now has their own forum area to allow authors to contact you and to allow you to start conversations with your team or your authors.
- [NEW] Public Forums & Help
There is now a link at the top and bottom of every page that takes you to the public forums for the site. This is where you can ask for help if you need help from a site admin.
- [NEW] Project Announcement System
You can make one way communications that go from you to all who have favorited your project, or who have submitted and been accepted to the anthology.
- [NEW] Linked to feature request site
We setup a site where you can request features and vote on the features you are most in support of. Please take a few moments and check it out and vote on the features you most want to see on Anthology Gateway. https://anthologygateway.fider.io/
- [IMPROVEMENT] Sitewide caching enabled
We have enabled caching throughout much of the site, which will make the website many times faster. Hopefully this speed increase gives you back enough time to finish writing that novel you have been procrastinating on.
- [IMPROVEMENT] Encrypted Message Text
All messages in the forums are encrypted on the back end database to protect them from any snooping eyes that might find their way to the back of our servers. Of course we do our best to stop that from happening too, but security.
- [IMPROVEMENT] Team Comments show on Accept/Reject page
After you hit the Accept or Reject button on a submission you are given a chance to type a message to the perspective author. Now you can type that message up while calling upon the vast knowledge and feedback that the rest of your team left during the submission review. This should make it easier to send a constructive message to the author, as you fulfill or crush their dreams.
- [IMPROVEMENT] Navigation Bar added to project pages
Project related pages are now easier to navigate with its own navigation bar. Use this for managemnet of your project, to see your submissions, and to contact the team on the new forums.
- [IMPROVEMENT] Recently closed projects show on Project Browser
Just because your project closed submissions doens't mean it needs to disappear like a non-sparkly-vampire looking in a mirror. Recently closed submissions (within 6 months) still show up at the bottom of the Project Browse page. This makes it easy to still generate interest in your project, allow you to share news with perspective customers, and lets those that submitted to your anthology find your anthology in the same place they found it before. Hopefully this helps.
- [FIX] Site Admins can now view submissions
In the event that a site admin needs to help out with a project, they can now. Or at least see a submission to see if it fits within guidelines or help fix an issue that has been reported by a team lead.
- [FIX] Emails now use the correct site title in the subject line
The subject line of many of the emails sent by this site used our development name rather than the actual prodcution name of our website. This has been corrected. We know who we are... Really.
Version 0.6Mobile Makeover
- [FIX] Mobile Friendly Pages - We realized that many of you are actually using mobile phones to browse this site. In 2018, who whould have thought? So we made several of the primarily used pages mobile friendly.
- [FIX] Updated 404 Text - The text on the 404 page sounded weird, so we changed it. The dinsoaurs are still lose, however, so beware if you decide to browse that part of the site.
- [FIX] Fixed Some Headers - Nothing says "you copy and pasted this" like having multiple pages with the same page header. What page are you on? The User Manager page! You only think you are editing that project, no, stop it! It's all User Manager! That's all that exists! (uh hem, sorry about that)
- [FIX] Registration page now has link to Terms of Service - Do you know how long it took you guys to notice that the terms of service was not a clickable link when registering? Mere seconds! Seriously, so many people caught this bug. Well fear not, the registration page now has a link to the TOS.
- [FIX] Password Requirements on Registration/Password Change - We had a secret little fun game hidden in the site. When you registered you had to give a password, but we didn't tell you how long it had to be, but if you got it wrong you had to retry again and again. Oh boy, did we fool you! That was a fun game... But in the interest of transparancy and user friendliness we decided to go ahead and tell you how long it should be. Consider it a cheater's guide.
- [IMPROVEMENT] Moved Featured Projects - On the home page we moved Featured Projects up so it's the first thing you see when you come to the site. That's what you're here for, to see anthology projects, right? Who cares about the about us info.
- [NEW] Author Bio saves to profile - You no longer have to retype your entire author bio for every project you submit to. It now saves to your profile (if you want it to).
- [NEW] Added announcement system - We need a way to let users know of major announcements, so we created a new Twitter Account (@AnthologyGatewy) and added an announcement system to the website.
- Plus additional minor bug fixes.
Version 0.5Open Beta is Upon Us
- Initial Open Beta Release