Version 0.8.1Contract Bugs
- [FIX] Fixed the sign contract link
What was supposed to be a link to let you go see and sign your contract would sometimes show up as placeholder text without a link. That has been fixed.
- [FIX] Removed the Assign Contract Form for Authors
Even though Authors were not allowed to assign a contract to themselves, the form still showed up. That just makes things confusing.
Version 0.8.0Contracting Your Soul
- [NEW] Anthology Invite Link
Have that one author that is always running late for a project, or that big author that agreed to join last minute, but you don't want to extend the open submission period while you wait for them? Well now you can create a few one-time-use links with their own deadline. These links will allow an author to submit a story even when the project is not in an open submission period, as long as they do it by the link's expiration date. This link will not allow a project to have more than their maxiumum allowed submissions, though.
- [NEW] Contracts for Authors!
This is one of the big things that we wanted to be able to offer to an anthology project. Now you can create contract templates, then assign a template to your authors after accepting their stories.
Authors and the editors can digitally sign the contract, or the contract can be downloaded and emailed to the editor. We're proud to make one of the more annoying parts of anthologies work smoothly.
- [NEW] Editors Can Upload Manuscripts
Wouldn't it be nice if editors could edit the author's stories and be able to share them with the authors? Well, you can now do that. Upload new manuscript drafts, and add comments about the upload to give final instructions to the author or editor (i.e. to accept correctionsi, edit and upload again, etc).
- [NEW] Created a "The Anthology" Page
We don't really have a better name for it right now, but we made a new page for organizing only the anthology stories that have been officially accepted. This is where you will manage contracts from and manage uploading new manuscript copies.
- [NEW] Author and Editor Comments on Submission Page
When viewing a submission, the author and editor can have a conversation about the story. We still need to get notfications working for these conversations, so you will have to pay attention to them closely.
- [IMPROVEMENT] Manuscript drafts can be uploaded from Submission View Page
We focused some effort on working with multiple drafts of your manuscript on several pages. Both for you, and the editors.
- [IMPROVEMENT] Updating silver/gold settings
We are preparing for the roll out of live, and with that comes making the product display page work better. Everything is still free, but we want a nice display to make it clear what your editing team gets for its money.
- [IMPROVEMENT] Submissions page shows number received
It was kind of silly that if you wanted to know how many submissions you received you would have to manually count them up. Well, we did that work for you. On the All Submissions page for your project you can see a quick overview of how many submissions you received.
- [FIX] Corrected some typos
Darn typos, you just can't escape them. Thanks to our editor for spotting them so we could eliminate them with extreme prejudice.
- [FIX] Caching Issues Corrected
There were multiple areas of the site that would not update correctly when you made a change. We hunted down and eliminated every one of these issues that we found. There might be more lurking out there, but we will keep an eye out. Let us know if you make a change somewhere and that change is not reflected right away.
- [FIX] User Notification Settings Can Now Be Turned Off
There was a strange bug that made it so notification settings could not be turned off once they were turned off. This was actually due to having a different form for the mobile version loading invisibly at the same time. We corrected this issue.
- [FIX] Project Announcements No Longer Errors When Creating
When making an announcement there was an error. That was because we did not remain consistent with variable names being plural or singular.
- [FIX] Managers Can Now Lock Topics
Project Managers are supposed to have control of things. Now they can control the conversations a bit by locking forum topics that need to be locked. They were supposed to before, but bugs happen.
- [FIX] Editing Message Posts Decrypts
Protecting your conversations by encrypting the information in the database works great. But if you wanted to edit that post, expecting everyone to be cryptology experts to decrypt the message before editing it was kind of unrealistic. So we did that decryption work for you, so you can just focus on what you thought the message was supposed to say.
- [FIX] Submission Wordcounts Now Have to Be Numbers
It was brought to our attention that allowing authors to say that the wordcount of their stories is "6,000 Ducks" is probably not how we want things to work. Or adding "Words" to the wordcount. We know it's words, that's what we were asking for, but we need to keep things in the digits realm so we can later calculate the total anthology wordcount. So yeah, we fixed it.
Version 0.7.1Red Alert! Major Bugs
- [BUG FIX] Projects Can Be Created... Again
Regression testing... Ugh, there was a slight bug that created major problems and prevented new projects from being created. That has been fixed.
- [BUG FIX] Story Submissions Work... Again
Uploading new submissions to a project should work. Trust me, I tested it. Then again, I thought I tested it last time but still somehow this major bug worked its way into the code. Well... it works now. Once again.
Version 0.7Message in a Bottle
- [NEW] Friendlier Project URLs
The Project URLs have been updated to now use a "slug" instead of just an id. This makes the URLs for your project more unique and easier to read for users. All around friendlier! Friendly little slug...
- [NEW] New Message System
Out with the old, and in with the new! The new message system is greatly improved over the previous system. Every project now has their own forum area to allow authors to contact you and to allow you to start conversations with your team or your authors.
- [NEW] Public Forums & Help
There is now a link at the top and bottom of every page that takes you to the public forums for the site. This is where you can ask for help if you need help from a site admin.
- [NEW] Project Announcement System
You can make one way communications that go from you to all who have favorited your project, or who have submitted and been accepted to the anthology.
- [NEW] Linked to feature request site
We setup a site where you can request features and vote on the features you are most in support of. Please take a few moments and check it out and vote on the features you most want to see on Anthology Gateway. https://anthologygateway.fider.io/
- [IMPROVEMENT] Sitewide caching enabled
We have enabled caching throughout much of the site, which will make the website many times faster. Hopefully this speed increase gives you back enough time to finish writing that novel you have been procrastinating on.
- [IMPROVEMENT] Encrypted Message Text
All messages in the forums are encrypted on the back end database to protect them from any snooping eyes that might find their way to the back of our servers. Of course we do our best to stop that from happening too, but security.
- [IMPROVEMENT] Team Comments show on Accept/Reject page
After you hit the Accept or Reject button on a submission you are given a chance to type a message to the perspective author. Now you can type that message up while calling upon the vast knowledge and feedback that the rest of your team left during the submission review. This should make it easier to send a constructive message to the author, as you fulfill or crush their dreams.
- [IMPROVEMENT] Navigation Bar added to project pages
Project related pages are now easier to navigate with its own navigation bar. Use this for managemnet of your project, to see your submissions, and to contact the team on the new forums.
- [IMPROVEMENT] Recently closed projects show on Project Browser
Just because your project closed submissions doens't mean it needs to disappear like a non-sparkly-vampire looking in a mirror. Recently closed submissions (within 6 months) still show up at the bottom of the Project Browse page. This makes it easy to still generate interest in your project, allow you to share news with perspective customers, and lets those that submitted to your anthology find your anthology in the same place they found it before. Hopefully this helps.
- [FIX] Site Admins can now view submissions
In the event that a site admin needs to help out with a project, they can now. Or at least see a submission to see if it fits within guidelines or help fix an issue that has been reported by a team lead.
- [FIX] Emails now use the correct site title in the subject line
The subject line of many of the emails sent by this site used our development name rather than the actual prodcution name of our website. This has been corrected. We know who we are... Really.
Version 0.6Mobile Makeover
- [FIX] Mobile Friendly Pages - We realized that many of you are actually using mobile phones to browse this site. In 2018, who whould have thought? So we made several of the primarily used pages mobile friendly.
- [FIX] Updated 404 Text - The text on the 404 page sounded weird, so we changed it. The dinsoaurs are still lose, however, so beware if you decide to browse that part of the site.
- [FIX] Fixed Some Headers - Nothing says "you copy and pasted this" like having multiple pages with the same page header. What page are you on? The User Manager page! You only think you are editing that project, no, stop it! It's all User Manager! That's all that exists! (uh hem, sorry about that)
- [FIX] Registration page now has link to Terms of Service - Do you know how long it took you guys to notice that the terms of service was not a clickable link when registering? Mere seconds! Seriously, so many people caught this bug. Well fear not, the registration page now has a link to the TOS.
- [FIX] Password Requirements on Registration/Password Change - We had a secret little fun game hidden in the site. When you registered you had to give a password, but we didn't tell you how long it had to be, but if you got it wrong you had to retry again and again. Oh boy, did we fool you! That was a fun game... But in the interest of transparancy and user friendliness we decided to go ahead and tell you how long it should be. Consider it a cheater's guide.
- [IMPROVEMENT] Moved Featured Projects - On the home page we moved Featured Projects up so it's the first thing you see when you come to the site. That's what you're here for, to see anthology projects, right? Who cares about the about us info.
- [NEW] Author Bio saves to profile - You no longer have to retype your entire author bio for every project you submit to. It now saves to your profile (if you want it to).
- [NEW] Added announcement system - We need a way to let users know of major announcements, so we created a new Twitter Account (@AnthologyGatewy) and added an announcement system to the website.
- Plus additional minor bug fixes.
Version 0.5Open Beta is Upon Us
- Initial Open Beta Release